Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Born to be Loved" Adoption Dogs




I really don't even know where to begin. I have loved dogs all of my life. If I didn't have a dog, I was begging for a dog and really I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't own a dog.

I use to want to be a veterinarian and if I could go back in time I would have gone to vet school.

The fact that 4-6 more years of school does not sound appealing makes me want to do the next best thing I can think of. Help the animals that can not help themselves.

Yes, I am the girl that never has a dry eye after the late night Human Society commercials. I just want to scoop them all up, give them all lots of love, and punish the people the neglect and abuse them.

Deep down I know I can't save every animal but I can at least try, so I started my own non-profit organization.

My goal is to find homes for all of the dogs that are strays, unwanted, accident puppies, or their owners simply just can't keep them anymore.

"Born to be Loved" has done just that in the past year. We have helped place almost 30 dogs. I know that seems like a small number in comparison to how many need help but you have to start small.

Here are some of the guys we have found homes for:

Brock

Charlie

JoJo


Gypsy

Champ





Maggie, Chloe, and Bonnie



I went to a pet expo in April, I will keep it nameless because I had an unpleasant experience and will not be going back to that company, but I did get my name out there and got introduced to other rescue groups in my area. It was a fun experience talking to everyone about something I am so passionate about.

Our booth:




My dream is to own my own doggy daycare that I can also run "Born to be Loved" out of. It will take time but when you try, all things are possible.

Check out our page frequently for newly added dogs. We will also always make announcements when get new dogs so like us! "Born to be Loved" Adoption Dogs


Here is the finished product of one of the glasses I was working on yesterday. It is available at the Etsy store and more will soon follow!



I came across these today and thought they were super cute. I will have to find something to make them for. Maybe a Beauty and the Beast birthday just like the old days?




I went bargain shopping today, one of my favorite past-times and found this lovely mirror at Hobby Lobby. It was originally $120 but marked down to $24! Some of the antlers are broken but I bought some clay and paint to fix them right up! It will match our new living room so well.


Stay tuned for that project's blog!

I would like to take you back a few posts where I talked about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. I have changed my opinion. Yes, I would love for them to get back together since it is really a story out of a book but if they choose not to, I will be ok with that. I thought about what Robert will go through if he takes Kristen back. Everyone will just say he is pathetic and stupid. I know you shouldn't care what other people think of you, especially when you love someone, but maybe Kristen just needs to clear her name before they go back in to a public relationship. It is not like my opinion counts, but if it was up to me I would say get back together but do it very slowly. You don't want to be miserable on the last Twilight tour when you should be savoring the moment!

But if I really had it my way...


 
I will leave you with my "battle" wound from yesterday's "How-to." The dang hot glue gun  got the best of me!





Thanks for stopping by!

love.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Pinterest
Watch us on YouTube
Buy us on Etsy
Check out "Born to be Loved' Adoption Dogs




No comments:

Post a Comment