Saturday, August 25, 2012

Catching Up


I have been so behind on blogging. When Travis is off I tend to get behind on things.

 Well here I am trying to make up for it. I will start with a Throwback Thursday post.

 
Now I will include a how-to.

 
This week I made onion rings for the first time ever. I know, I know, no big deal but I was pretty proud of myself. Especially since I didn’t know where to start.

Luckily they tasted pretty good so I am here to help you other beginners.

 

Step one.

Pour about two inches of vegetable oil into a pot and turn the burner to almost high.

 

Step two.

Cut your onion. Make sure you cut it in the right direction so you get rings and not slivers. Start with cutting the stem then go from there.



Step three.

Prepare your batter. I used two eggs, two tablespoons of butter, and some water. There is probably a healthy solution to this but again, this is my version. Mix it all together thoroughly. You don’t really want clumps but they are ok.

 

Step four.

Pour some flour into a separate container.

 

Step five.

Dip your onion ring into the batter then into the flour. Make sure it gets covered.

Step six.

Throw it into the oil. Keep it in there, occasionally flipping, until it is golden brown.

 

Step seven.

Let it cool down then enjoy!

 

I thought about adding brown sugar to the flour for a sweet taste but I didn’t end up doing that. Feel free to try it and let me know how it comes out!

I did a tid-bit of bargain shopping this week. I found a few picture frames at Michaels for more than 80% of in the as is pile and a bedazzler regularly $30 and I got it for $4!

I wanted to buy this lamp at Hobby Lobby for it was only 50% off which made it $50 and I was not willing to spend that!

 

We set up Suzy’s cage this week. We should be getting her any day now.


 

 

I will be attending the Incubus concert on Tuesday and may have a whole blog dedicated to it. We will see!

 

I am going to try to film a how-to on Sunday so I may be adding two videos to the YouTube channel  this weekend. Stay tuned!

 

Thanks for stopping by everyone! It means so much!

love.

P.S. I still have hope...

 
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Pin us on Pinterest
Watch us on YouTube
Buy us on Etsy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment