Monday, August 13, 2012

Winning!

I would like to start with the fact that I had a great weekend. I spent some time with friends, family, and the boyfriend.

We also won at the cookoff!


We won 2nd and 3rd Pulled pork and 3rd place Brisket. Go Team!


We had a really good time even though it was hot as hell. Every year in Apirl we have a huge cookoff at the county fair where around 600 people can be in our tent at one time. At the cookoff this weekend there were about 40 at the most...that is how I like it. I wish all of our cookoffs could be as laid back as this one. We do put on a hell of a party though...

Boyfriend and I :)




We got a new pet this weekend too. A little turtle. I don't know how long he is going to last though. His water is suppose to be around 75 degrees and I just stuck my finger in it and it was pretty cold so I put a light on him. I guess we will see what happens.


He doesn't have a name yet either and suggestions are welcome! And no Amanda I am not naming him Phillis.

We went shopping today for the puppy. We have everything now except for her and puppy pads! I am just so excited to finally get her. The person I am getting her from was at the cookoff and he said she is teething. Aww!

Speaking of dogs, I found this picture the other day when I was deleting Facebook albums. It is from when I worked at Camp Bow Wow. It is the perfect photo bomb.


Makes me laugh every time.


I have two how-tos coming this week. One is a simple paint job and the other is my antler mirror. I am very excited to see how that turns out! I really thought Trav would be mad that I bought it but he already picked a spot for it in the house!

I would like to talk Diaper Cakes in this blog though. I love to make them. I have only made two and they were both for girls so I went a little overboard with the pink but both of the mommy's loved them. They are really easy to make and next time I have to make one for a baby shower I will definitely make it in to a how-to. Here are the two I have made.



The front

The back

Front for Brooklyn


The top one is my favorite but I am pretty proud of both. So, if anyone needs one let me know.

I taped a vlog this weekend! You can find it on my YouTube channel. I also uploaded a video of our Guinea Pig, Toby. He is super cute. Be sure to watch it. It was my first time to use our big camera for a video though so the first part is a little blurry. Oops.

I don't know about y'all but I always come up with these random thoughts that are really funny and should be facebook statuses but then I think about it and choose against posting them. One, because no one would probably understand them without me explaining and two, because I would have about twenty updates a day... So, I decided to include some of them here:

The other day when I was at the bridal shower I was drinking wine out of a clear solo cup, real classy I know.
"Clear solo cup, I'll fill you up...with wine."

I asked dad where my hunting boots were for the camo party.
"They are upstairs" he said.
We do not have an "upstairs" we have an attic dad!

When I type "I was runnin" I wish there was a Forrest Gump font so people knew how I said it out loud before I typed it.

When I was driving I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a red van.
"On no, the Blood Red Van! You better hide puppy dogs!"
You will only get this if you are a Homeward Bound fan.

We bought lemons for the cookoff Saturday. I swung them around and smacked my boyfriend.
"When life gives you lemons, you smack your boyfriend."

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and enjoyed the Spice Girls on the Olympics Closing Ceremony as much as I did!

love.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Pin us on Pinterest
Watch us on YouTube
Buy us on Etsy













1 comment:

  1. You should post those Facebook statuses. I was definitely cracking up at every one of them!!!

    ReplyDelete