Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yarn Wreath

Today I crafted, all day long. I also started my Etsy store! There is only a few things on there right now but I will be adding new things all of the time! A portion of all profits goes towards the future of "Born to be Loved" Adoption Dogs.

Tomorrow's blog will be solely devoted to "Born to be Loved" so everyone knows what I am talking about but today I am teaching you how to make a yarn wreath. Bare with me as this is my first how-to.

Step 1.

I bought this foam piping from Home Depot in the plumbing aisle for only $1.59 but you can also use the bare wreaths from your local craft store which are usually around $5.00



Step 2.

I taped the ends together and touched a few places up to keep from folding with packing tape.



Step 3.

I selected a yarn I wanted to use then cut off a portion to wrap around. You don't have to do it this way. You can wrap straight off of the roll but I found it easier to do a small bunch at a time.


Step 4.

Take your glue gun and attach the end of your yarn to the wreath.



Step 5.

Wrap your wreath the easiest way you find possible. I like to squeeze it between my legs and get a rhythm going. Make sure that the wraps are close together. Don't leave space.

 Step 6.

When your portion of yarn is complete. Glue the end then cut another hand full. Glue the matching end to where you left off.

Step 7.

Wrap until you come back to where you started.





Step 8.

Next is the flowers. Pick out some colors of felt that match your yarn. I will be doing the flowers for the purple and pink wreath. Just in case you were wondering why my colors don't match.



Step 9.

Pick out some beads that you want as your center. Also get a needle and some thread.




Step 10.

I am not the best sewer so you do not have to be either. Simply do a criss-cross pattern to scrunch up your flowers then tie your thread in a knot to keep it tight.



Step 11.

Pick where you want your flowers then simply glue them on. Ta-da!


I hope this tutorial was not too hard to follow and that you enjoy making these wreathes! They are great for any occasion and you can make them for every holiday.

You can find these wreaths at my Etsy store.

This is another wreath at my store. I will do this tutorial another day.


I just loved the colors!

Well that is all for today folks! I have been a busy girl and need to get back to my crafting, Here is a sneak peak at what I am working on now!



love.



Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Pinterest
Watch us on YouTube
Buy us on Etsy







No comments:

Post a Comment