Thursday, September 20, 2012

Big Girls Can Wear That Too

Twice in the past few weeks I have been daring and tried a new fashion trend. When I was at the store I had my doubts because I am not a skinny-mini girl. Unfortunately I do have a little bit of a belly on me. Soon enough I won't but for now I have to work with what I have.

I wanted to try the shorts with chiffon shirt tucked on. So I went to Old Navy and did just that. Ironically, I was pleased with the look I had established.

 
If I knew this would be a blog subject I would have done a whole body shot but I did not think about it. I am still trying to get my mind into blogger mentality. Document everything.
 
Here are a few more pictures of me in this outfit.
 



 
The chiffon material was perfect for the weather at both of the concerts I went to.
 
I know that most styles out there are geared towards smaller women, but ladies don't be afraid to try something out. I thought I was going to look like a beached whale wearing this but I in fact looked presentable. Take chances. You never know the outcome until you try.
 
I put together a style collage for you guys, The only thing that is exactly what I wore is the shorts but I tried to find things most similar. Happy shopping!
 
 
 
The words are blurry. I will try to fix this.
 
Today has been a nice relaxing day. Trav and I both had the day off so we went shopping.
 
The most exciting things we bought, in my opinion, were our books from Barnes & Noble.
 
 
His is the book about Seal Team 6 who killed Osama and mine is a 500+ page guide on the movie magic of Harry Potter. A $75 book! I am so exited to start reading it!
 
We also bought some records too. We plan on having a record player in our house!
 
Tomorrow is back to work then I have work and the Shrimp Festival in Galveston all weekend. Wish our team luck!
 
Throwback Thursday:
 
This is my friend Jessica and I at Cookoff like 6 years ago. She just got engaged a few days ago. Congrats girl!
 
Look for my T-shirt quilt How-to and this week's vlog on Sunday!
 
Don't forget about our links with our new buttons down the right side of the page!
 
love.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment