Sunday, September 2, 2012

Short Story Sunday and my week in a Nutshell

It has been an eventful week to say the least. We went to the Incubus/Linkin Park concert. Suzy finally came home. I had to deal with some drama with Bed Bath & Beyond. My grandpa took a turn for the worse but is better now and it is Labor Day weekend!

The concert was amazing. We went with another couple and had a blast. I went to Incubus last year but I had never seen Linkin Park and they were absolutley amazing! We will definitely be going to see them again.


 
 
Wednesday, the day after the concert, we finally got to go get our little Suzy. She is a blast to have around. Yes, it is like having a child but her little hoppy run makes up for it!

This is her on the way home. Welcome to the family!
 
 
Last Monday two of our boxes came in from Bed Bath & Beyond. The bathroom set I had picked out for the master bathroom had gone on clearance so I begged Trav to order it. When part of the order came in, one box was completely shattered.
 
 
I immediately called them and they said they would replace it for free. This made up for their stupidity of packing it exactly like this in the box, when it is clay.
 
Friday we had a scare with my Grandpa. He has been in the hospital for two weeks and took a turn for the worse. Luckily today I can say that he has improved and the future is looking brighter.
 
I will emphasize on my opinion of cancer and share my stories with you soon. Be sure to keep looking out for it!
 
 
Now, the Short Story part.
 
Eventually, when my book is done and published, you guys will be like "I rememeber this story form her blog." because part two of the California adventure is a whole chapter!
 
Before I had gone to California, I registered my friend and I on Seatfiller.com. It is a webite that finds people to fill seats for events like award shows and tv shows. In our case we were placed in th pit at the front of the stage for the American Idol Finale.
 
The first day we were picked out of more than 200 people to be in the 50 that got to be in the pit. It was really cool. Chris Daughtry's guitar pick landed right in the top of my dress.
 
We were in the very back row of the pit but it was cool because at the end of the show, all ten of the last contestants were standing right behind us and we got to meet a few of them.
 
The second day we didn't have tickets but we went to Hollywood Boulevard where it was anyways. Luckily, we saw a security guard that we had made friends with and he let us in, after we changed outfits.
 
On this day, we were in the very front of the pit. You could see the back of our heads multiple times when it aired. It was an amazing experience. So many famous people were there and performed.
 
It was a once in a lifetime experience. I feel so lucky to be able to have these things happene to me.
 
Stay tuned for part three. It is an even BIGGER event.
 
Here are a few pictures from the American Idols Adventure.
 
 
This is the 2nd day. No cameras were allowed in  the theatre.

 
Me with Chris Daughtry's pick. So Amazing.
 
This week's vlog is now up! Be sure to check it out!
 
Thanks for stopping by. I am working on another How-to for this week. Keep an eye out for it!
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
 
love.
 
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Pin us on Pinterest
Watch us on YouTube
Buy us on Etsy
 
Also now on BlogLovin!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment