Monday, February 24, 2014

Hectic

It's the time of year again when I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. In the middle of Mardi Gras in Galveston, Houston Rodeo, and Galveston County Fair & rodeo, I am busy.
Not to mention a trip to Corpus, a Miley Cyrus concert, and a 5k thrown in there somewhere. I love it, I really do, it is just non-stop.
On top of everything going on and making decorations for the cookoff, I have also started subbing at my local school district.
Last week was my first day. It was 6th grade English and I loved it. It kind of made me want to re-visit the dream of being an English teacher, but then I woke up.
Tomorrow, well today, will be my second day subbing and my first day in the high school. I am not going to lie. I am scared. 
I really don't know if I am ready for that but I know I need to face my fears. A part of me thinks I need to stick to the lower grades for a bit and the other part says hey, jump right in.
If this is my last blog post ever, you will know that I did not survive being a high school substitute.
Not to mention that it's social studies. Which is definitely not my best subject.
The clock is ticking and my eyes are drooping. I suppose it is time to get some rest so I can be on top of my game tomorrow. 
If you were wondering, I am still watching One Tree Hill. I did finish all nine seasons but then...I started it again. I know, I know, I am pathetic. They just make me so happy!
I also finished a series called Dance Academy. It is based out of Austraila and centers around some ballet students. I watched the first two seasons a few months ago but now the third and final season is out on Netflix. You all should check it out, if your into dancing and high school kid drama.
Oh no, there is that word "high school" again. 
I'm going to bed before I have anxiety attack.

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment