Sunday, April 27, 2014

With all your heart.

I'm not saying I don't believe in Heaven or Hell but I somewhat don't. I want to believe that there is a place where everyone I love will meet again. I like to think that one day I will see the faces that I longingly miss. 

Here I go on my One Tree Hill spill again. I am currently watching the series finale for the second time, which means I have sat through the whole series, again. 

One of my favorite things about this show is the hope. I think that is why I am so drawn to it. It gives me hope. Hope that everything will work out, hope that love is real, and hope that we do see our loved ones again.

There are many incidents throughout the series where people pass away or are on the verge of passing away and they are met by their already deceased family or friends. It brings the idea of meeting them in your dreams or in the afterlife complete.

The whole dream thing gets me. Like I said, I am not sure if I believe in a place for us all after our life on Earth but I would like to. In my mind, I will see my mom again. I will hug, kiss, hold her hand, and love her for all eternity. I will listen to her laugh. I will make her do her munchkin impression over and over and I will never let her go.

I believe wholeheartedly that they visit us in our dreams. I have woken up many times and felt like I had just spent a whole day with her. It feels so real but yet so far away. It gives me hope.

I miss her so much that some days it is unbearable. Sometimes I want to not do a thing and just watch movies I know will make me cry and look at her pictures. If that isn't throwing gasoline on fire, I don't know what is.

I guess the moral of this post is that I have hope. I have hope for the future, my future. My heart is full of hope. I think it replaces the heartache at times. 

Hope. It's looking on the bright side, isn't it? It's expecting that things will work out and that everything will fall into place. Could we get through this life without hope? I don't think so. 

It helps to have something to look forward to. Thank you One Tree Hill for filling my life with hope and thank you hope. You have lightened my life and I am so grateful.

Now for some One Tree Hill quotes from the finale because, well, they are just so dang inspiring.

" It doesn't matter how you planned it. It doesn't matter how you envision it. Without even knowing it sometimes life has a way of finding exactly what you need or exactly who you need."

" It’s funny how our past frames us; how the person we used to be never lets loose of the person we are. Past failures and disappointments, even victories take hold of us. They haunt us like ghosts, or visit us like old friends."

"Human beings are ambitious. We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing. For the most part, that's okay. Ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good. Dreaming. As long as the chase doesn't diminish what we already have. The goodness we take for granted, the people we take for granted. The lives we take for granted.My life is good."

And now my all time favorite from the series.

"It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life. We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing. But ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good. Dreaming… If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it, don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want. Everything you want.  Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle’s gonna come from. The next memory. The next smile. The next wish come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner. And you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it. To the certainty of it. You might just get the thing you’re wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish ... Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it. With all your heart."

With all your heart. I just love that. This has been a long one, sorry guys. 

See you soon!

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment