Monday, November 24, 2014

Rebellion?

Facebook is for people who want to voice their opinions and have someone reply, which usually leads to an argument.

I don't want to voice my opinion to impress anyone. I'm not asking for feedback. This is my outlet to let things out of my head.

I try my hardest to keep my personal thoughts of religion, politics, and a few other things off of my social media. I may post a few argumentative things, rarely, but I try not to.

That being said, I have one word for you.

Ferguson.

My heart hurts for our country right now. The way our people are reacting is embarrassing. I don't care for the racist card and believe that it is not an excuse. You are belittling our country's laws and government system by rebelling.

I will be the first one to admit that I do not know all of the details considering what went down, but I do know that the case was not found fit to take to court. That is your verdict people. That is our government doing what they are suppose to do.

I can't explain how it makes me feel. I love America. I love what we stand for but this, this is downright wrong. Never should a human being destroy their own town and other people's belongings. Not only are you hurting yourself, you are hurting us as a country and you look like a fool.

Let's say I play the racist card for a minute, would you blame me? Are there other races in the United States rebelling against their government? Absolutely, but are they taking it to this level? No.

I don't care what anyone says, our country does not bend the rules for different races, that problem was fixed a very long time ago. Everyone is treated equally. If you are treated differently, you bring it upon yourself.

I feel so passionately about this subject but I feel like I cant put in the right words. Maybe it's because I have been sick the past two days or maybe because it's midnight and I'm watching One Tree Hill. Lots of feels tonight.

All I know is that the day we rebel against our own government will be the day I will grow scared. I guess today is that day.

I hope everyone stays safe out there. Keep your loved ones close and your guns closer.

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment