Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday, you have brought some emotions.

What a week. From Caitlyn Jenner and a new Fifty Shades book to it only being a week until we leave for Disneyworld, this week has been crazy.

First things first, these flood in Texas are horrific. I know that natural disasters happen all of the time, but this one is so close to home. Being able to see the flood waters come in first hand really put it all in perspective. Us, as human beings, must give what we can and be there for each other. This has been a big push for me to find some places for my little sister and I to volunteer this summer. I wish I would have had that chance when I was ten, and I want her to understand that we are so blessed.

The next thing I would like to touch base on is Caitlyn Jenner. I have some really mixed emotions about this. Yesterday, I was aggravated that there was so much hatred. Today my own anger is trying to break through. My mind wants to fall in line with everyone else but thankfully my heart will not allow it. 

Let me explain, I love that we have the ability to be free in America. I love that majority of our country can look at the Vanity Fair cover and say "You go girl!" I also love that people are overcoming diversity and can embrace change. That being said, I hate that America is accepting this the way that they are. I hate that it is okay to stop every news outlet and allow this to take over our lives.

One day, I know that this will not be news, and I yearn for that day. It is really hard for me to put my feelings about this into words, and I don't say that often. My emotions are just so tangled. I want to congratulate Caitlyn on doing what makes her happy. I think everyone deserves to be happy and if this is what she needs to do to achieve that, then I am so happy and proud of her.

I also want to say how unhappy I am with the fact that the world is at a place where we can just pick our lives. If you have money, you can get anything you want. I want to have to work for what I have in life. It drives me crazy that there are so many people in our country that are suffering but yet people are spending money on things that are unnecessary. Maybe this doesn't exactly go hand in hand with the whole Caitlyn thing but it just opens up that can of worms for me.

It also breaks my heart that people are comparing her heroism to our soldiers. These are two totally different types of heroes. One is a person that puts all of our lives before their own. They fight for our rights, they physically fight and stand up for our country. Without them, our country would be nothing. They are the ultimate heroes. Do I think it is wrong that Caitlym is receiving an award for being a hero over Noah Galloway? Not exactly, and you all know I love Noah Galloway.

Caitlyn is a hero to all of those people that can not find their way. Or maybe the people that have found their way but are just too scared to take that road. I am not just talking about gender confusion, I am referring to every person who needs a role model. To the people that need someone to say that it is okay to do what you need to do in life to make it worth living. It only takes one person to open the minds of the population. I hope that Caitlyn has done that and I am glad that she is getting rewarded for being brave. 

This is pretty long today so I will leave you with this. 

We need to open our minds to the possibility that there can be more than one definition for the things in our lives. There will never be a day where everyone can agree but everyday is a step closer to acceptance. There is more than one meaning to life, this includes words. 

A hero is brave and I admire bravery, no matter which form it comes in.

nounplural heroes; for 5 also heros.
1.
a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deedsand noble 
qualities.
2.
a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a 
heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.

love.






No comments:

Post a Comment