Sunday, July 19, 2015

The time has come.

It is a new week and I am starting off with a bang.
My look into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Everything you expect it to be, it is plus more. To say that it lives up to expectations, is an understatement.
If you are an avid fan, if you love the world of wizards and muggles, you have to visit here at least once.
Universal is very good at separating their worlds. Each part of their parks is isolated and has their own feel. They did not lack when creating this world. 
We did not have a park hopper ticket, we just planned to visit one park a day. This was fine but if you are mainly going to see the Harry Potter stuff, you need the park hopper. You can not ride the Hogwarts Express without a park hopper. Sadly, I did not get to ride it because we did not have hoppers. I will ride it in December though and let you know how amazing it is.
The first day, we visited Diagon Alley. Go here first thing in the morning. It was not crowded and the Escape for Gringotts ride's wait was only 15 minutes.
Diagon Alley is hidden on the outside by some buildings from London, including King's Cross, 12 Grimmauld Place, and the Night Bus. 

 I wish someone would have videoed me when I walked around the corner into Diagon Alley for the first time. The entire time I was in this world, a genuine smile never left my face.
I can't put into words how much it topped my expectations. 

The stores and restaurants in Diagon Alley:


  • Leakey Cauldron
  • Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor
  • Ollivander's
  • Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
  • Borgin and Burkes
  • Magical Menagerie
  • Madame Malkin's Robes for All Occasions
  • Wiseacre's Wizaeding Equipment
  • Quality Quidditch Supplies

You have to drink the Butterbeer and you have to buy a chocolate frog. 



 We went to Diagon Alley first thing in the morning and then right before the fireworks. The 2nd visit was to shop.
There was not a line for the experience at Ollivander's so when we got whisked away into the magical room, it was only my dad, stepmom, sister and I. The elder wizard picked my little sister to choose a wand. 
It was a really cool thing to be a part of, but of course the wand that "chose her" was the more expensive interactive wand.
We were not going to buy one of these, but after we did, I suggest that everyone does. There are ton of interactive things you can do in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade.

I guess the moral of this post is, if you have ever gotten lost in the books or the movies, you will thoroughly enjoy this place. It is truly magical.
It is an amazing feeling to see this world and these lives that you have grown to love, come to life before your eyes.

I will see y'all tomorrow and talk about Hogsmeade.

love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment