Monday, February 1, 2016

A Heavy Purse

Today my purse weighed more than usual. Just like every other girl, my purse is filled with odds and ins, but today it held something a little more important.

Today my purse didn't just hold my makeup, wallet, pens and such. It held my new life, my new journey. It held my bible.

If you know me, you know that I have never been a "church person". I can't pinpoint what it is but something in my has changed. I thought about it for a long while and finally decided that I wanted to make a change. I wanted to let the Lord into my life, I wanted to have something to believe in.

I am the first to admit that I have a lot to learn about everything. I am new to this religious world and my mind is a sponge. I am ready to allow the knowledge in.

I have gone to church before. I have gone with friends when I was younger, I have gone on holidays with my family, so today was not a total shock to me. I did know what to expect. My point of view was just slightly different.

Instead of being judgmental, instead of staying ignorant because I just never cared to open my mind to the experience, I paid attention and I let it all in. In all honesty, I didn't feel like my world had been changed an in instant. I did however feel better when I left. I definitely felt like it was where I was suppose to be.

I found it ironic that this was the passage that the sermon was over. Of course it would be about believing, of course it would feel as if he was talking directly to me.

"In all of this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him, and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls." Peter 1:6-9

I am proud of myself for taking this step. I look forward to growing my faith and learning all there is to learn. My family means the most to me and now I get to share this with them also.

For the first time in awhile, I am full of hope.

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment