Thursday, February 25, 2016

Day #4. Feeling festive.

Our fourth day was somewhat crazy. We had two meal reservations, and a ton of other things we wanted to fit into our schedule.

I don't know if you have been to Disneyworld at Christmas in the past 10 years, but there have been dancing Christmas lights on the streets of America at Hollywood Studios. They are called the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

They started at the Osbourne family's house, and no, it's not the famous Osbourne's. Once it got too extravagant, the display was moved to Disney and was sponsored by major companies. This year marked the end of the ten year run of the lights. If you weren't ever able to make it, I am sure they are going to bring them back next year. They may not be in the same place and they may not be the same shape or form but I bet they will be at Disney.

To commemorate the lights, they had limited edition shirts. We searched high and low for short sleeves but by the time we got there at the end of December, we were forced to pick from a very slim selection. We settled for long-sleeve because hey, it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

So now that I have set that up, let's start the recap.

On the morning of the fourth day, we had breakfast reservations at Akershus in Epcot. I did my research and after finding that this was the place to meet Belle, I signed us up. I told my friend that if she didn't want to pay the pretty penny for breakfast so I could meet Belle, that I would at least pay half of her's. Fortunately, her favorite princess was there too.

*This is the only place where you can officially meet Belle in her ball gown. She does do a meet and greet in Paris but she wears her blue dress and apron for that.

*This breakfast is quite pricey. It is about $50.00 for an adult. I would have to say that the service and the food is worth it though. You also get a meet and greet with five if the princesses.




We had taken the time to curl our and look pretty but the Orlando humidity definitely won.

Then I got to meet my favorite favorite princess and my whole day was made. Actually, my whole trip was made.




Of course, I had something on the front of my shirt while I met her, but I don't care. It was everything I hoped it would be!

After we finished our breakfast at Epcot, we had to scoot on over to Hollywood Studios to use our fast passes.


I love this ride!

*One of our fast passes was for the popular Toy Story Mania ride. This ride rarely sees wait times under 60 minutes. After riding it, I would say that I do not think that it is worth the wait. I know that it is super popular but I just don't find it any different then the Buzz ride at Magic Kingdom. I don't think I would stand in line to ride this ride. If I didn't have a fast pass, I wouldn't ride it. That is just my opinion though. It is definitely one of the first fast passes you need to try to get though if you are
interested. Also, they are building a second tracks so the line will move faster.

Here are two pictures from inside Toy Story Mania.



We took our time to do the things at Hollywood Studios that we heard were closing. Besides our fast passes for Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, and Star Tours, we also did the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, One Man's Dream and Lights, Motors, Action. There is not a rumor about the Voyage of the Little Mermaid closing but with it being so out of date and all the updating they are doing at that park, I think it is only a matter of time. One Man's Dream is still currently open but it will be closing soon. Lights, Motors, Action has officially closed.

We also went to the Beauty and the Beast live show, which of course, I highly recommend.


After we did all of these attractions, we had dinner at the Sci-fi Dine-In. It is a super cute themed restaurant based on an old drive-in theatre. The tables look like cars and they have a big screen that shows a loop of scenes from corny old sci-fi movies and some old commercials. It is really dark in there and I did not take any pictures. Here is a picture off of the internet so you can kind of have an idea of what I am talking about.


Sadly, our waitress told us that it will be closing. She told us a lot of insider information and one of those things was that they will be closing and not sure if they will be re-opening. It may re-open with a Star Wars theme since it will be located in the new Star Wars Land but I do not think it has been determined. I will be sad to see this place go. It is one of my favorites.

After dinner, we went to the Spectacle of Lights. It was so amazing and overwhelming. There are literally lights everywhere. They constantly play Christmas music but the lights "dance" only about every 3 songs.

 This was taken during the day on the Streets of America. I just thought it was so cute!



Yes, our mouse ears lit up.

This is the Singing in the Rain umbrella located on the Streets of America.

*Sometimes when you stand under it, it actually rains. It is easy to pass up so keep on the lookout.

Sebastian at the dance party in front of the Chinese Theatre.

*There are dance parties at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. The characters that usually come out are ones that you don't see often. You should know that they do not pose to take pictures or sign autographs during the dance parties. If you want a picture with them, you have to be dancing.


After spending a good 30-45 minutes at the lights, facetiming my little sister, and having a really good adult beverage, we headed to the Magic Kingdom for our last night.

We rode Dumbo, like big children. Isn't that what you're suppose to do at Disney?

Still can't get over how pretty she is...

I finally had a Dole Whip. It was good but I couldn't finish it. It was a little too tart for me.

The very last picture taken that night.

The park was open till 2 am but we did not make it that far. My friend's ankles were killing her so we decided to leave around midnight. There were still lots of things that we hadn't done this trip but it was okay because I had done most of them in June.

On a side note, I don't know how long the Country Bear Jamboree is going to be around but I highly suggest going to watch it. It has adult and child humor. We laughed the entire time.

I was going to include what we did our last morning in Orlando but this post is already really long. I will simply write it tomorrow. Let me just say, it is full of Christmas magic.

Also, I will be posting a video of some stuff that I recorded.

love.





No comments:

Post a Comment