Friday, February 12, 2016

One Issue At A Time

Hello Blog World. It is a beautiful Friday here in Texas and I am looking forward to a great three day weekend. Life is good.

Or is it? In my little world, everything is what some would say, "peachy keen." My stars are aligning, my world is turning appropriately and everything is good. Then I get on the internet and look up some news. The world is not great. The world is a disaster.

I will be the first one to admit that I do not stay up to date with current events. In fact, I would say that I am politically dumb and news ignorant. I use to think that if I ignored it, it wouldn't reflect on me. I have come to realize that I am wrong.

I do not want to get into political talk at this time but I do want to touch on another subject.

Racism.

Racism only exists because we allow it to. If we talked about the people as a whole instead of "White people this" and "Black people that," we would erase racism. History repeats itself if you do not take the right actions, and here we are. America is falling into this blackhole of separation.

I believe myself to not be racist. If I don't like you, it's not because of your skin color, it is because you did something bad or are just a bad person in general. I would never hate or discriminate because you were simply born a certain way. It is just not my belief.

With celebrities endorsing this outrage, our country is only going to suffer. Protests against cops should be non-existent. Cops have a job, if you break the law, you are punishable by law. That is how the world works. People do not get exceptions, people do not get to do whatever the hell they want. This country will not work without authority. Cops enforce the authority of our country and if you want to live here, you should abide buy our laws and expect to receive the consequences if you fail to do so.

Beyoncé. Girl. You did wrong. You brought racism into the home of every American family last Sunday night. You brought racism onto a program where white and black bands were singing together and white and black men were playing a game together, with no hate. How could you? How could you use your status in such a way that you mold innocent minds into thinking that America is against black people? Do you not realize that our President is a black man?  Do you not realize that once, a long time ago that you were all slaves. How could you possibly think that you have it rough now when you look at what your heritage had to endure? "Your people" are getting killed because they are breaking laws, when black people had no rights, they were being killed by being forced to work to death. Do you really think that you have it so bad?

Also, please let me know what rights I have as a white female that you do not have as a black female. The only one I can think of is that I can audition to be Cinderlla at Disneywold and you can not. Isn't that just life-threatening?

Maybe I am just a naïve girl wishing the world was right but deep down I know that this battle is not a legit one. It was made up by bored people and the media. Somedays I am scared to live in this country. Some nights I think about what kind of future my kids will have. Will they have to live in a world where they are judged and tormented by their skin color? I hope not but I know in my heart that some things will just never change. I wish the people of this country would open their eyes and just see that change starts with us. It starts with you.

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment