Tuesday, February 23, 2016

You're a wizard Harry! Day #2

One of the main reasons my friend wanted to go to Orlando was because she is a huge Harry Potter fan. Of course, we had to go to the Wizarding World. I found it absolutely amazing so I definitely had no problem going back.

When we went in June, my dad did not buy a park to park ticket. We just went to Islands of Adventure one day and the original park the next. The problem with this is that you have to have a park to park ticket to ride the Hogwarts Express.

We decided that we would only do Universal for one day on this trip and bought the park to park ticket so we, the huge potterheads that we are, could ride the magical train.

All in all, I don't know if it was really worth the extra money, but you should probably just ride it once to experience it. Especially if you are a Potter fan.

We scheduled our shuttle as soon as we had arrived at the hotel the prior day.

*Disney is not affiliated with Universal in any way but the concierge at your hotel will be really helpful with finding what you need. There is a shuttle service that will pick you up from the resort and take you to Universal. The concierge can give you their number, or even call for you.

We made our pick up time the earliest that they offered. We wanted to spend the whole day at Universal. We had to make sure we had enough time to do everything.

My friend had never been to Universal so I had to make her ride the legendary rides along with the Harry Potter experiences. E.T. and Men in Black were musts. I wish Jaws was still there though.

We didn't really take many pictures, we were just totally enjoying ourselves and being totally submersed in our surroundings.



Inside Diagon Alley


The Hogwarts Expresss





Hogsmeade


The Leaky Cauldron, where we ate more fish and chips. They were also delicious!

Waiting for the parade.

Hogwarts.

I could go into great detail about how much I absolutely love Universal and the Wizarding World but that would be a very long post.

My advice to you is stand in the long lines to ride all of the Harry Potter themed rides, buy an interactive wand, and drink some butterbeer.

I took my little sister's wand and my friend bought one while we were there. We did almost every single spell there was. We didn't get to do the ones in Hogsmeade because it was incredibly crowded but the majority are in Diagon Alley anyways.

If you are a Potterhead, or even if your not, it is a great experience to see how much detail they put into these worlds.

See you tomorrow for some more Disney magic!

love.

P.S. I do have a post about my last trip to the Wizarding World. It has more pictures and more info. Check them out if you would like more info.



No comments:

Post a Comment