Friday, March 4, 2016

Late is better than Never

I know that I just did a vacation recap. I know that I need to spread out my blog topics and not repeat them so close together. I know that this might seem repetitive. Well, I am here to tell you that I don't care.

I went on an amazing solo trip to North/South Carolina in September and I want to tell you all about it. I want to be able to come back to this post and relive it, I need to record my memories.

When my first best friend that I have known since kindergarten invited me to her wedding in North Carolina, my first thought was that I won't be able to make it. I really wanted to make it and I was going to try my hardest but I just didn't know how I was going to wing that.

With my special superhero powers, that I got from my mom, I made it happen. I'm pretty good at making things happen most of the time, I guess I just didn't know my own strengths.

If you go back a few posts, you will see that I am a One Tree Hill fan. Ok, I may be a little obsessed. Considering the show was filmed about 2 hours from where my friend was getting married, I could not pass up on the opportunity to make the most out of this trip.

It started out by me flying to Raleigh and staying the night. I was going to just go onto Wilmington and stay the night but I didn't want to get the rental car an extra day. I was right at the limit before it ended up going up in cost due to it being closer to a week for me to have it. I booked a hotel in Raleigh that night ahead of time, but when I got to the airport, I decided to just say forget it and got the rental care then. I then went to check into my hotel and do a little shopping.

The next day I drove the two hours to Wilmington. I wouldn't be staying there that night, I would be going on through to Ocean Isle. I got up extra early to make sure I got the most out of my time that I could.

I got to Wilmington at about 11 then took myself on a self-guided tour of the filming locations. This is the part that will bore you if you are not familiar with the television show. Sorry not sorry.

Peyton's house.

Felix's house.

My cute little rental car parked at the River Court.

The trees in front of the church that they all hung out under before Lucas and Lindsey's wedding.

The courtyard where Nathan is drunk and makes a scene at Keith's wedding

The bridge from the opening credits.

Where the River Court once was.

The "police station".

A church from one of the weddings.

Lucas's house.

Lucas's house.

Haley's house.

The bridge again.

Where Tric was.

The church where Lucas and Lindsey were going to get married.

The same courtyard from before.

The view across the river from the River Court.

Same.

One of Nathan and Haley's houses.

Another wedding church.

Ellie's house.

Brooke's house.

The Scott house.

Another view of the River Court.

It took me about 2-3 hours to see everything. There were even some things that I did not make it to. When I figured that I might actually need to move away from my little fantasy world move on to the wedding festivities, I was a good 2 hours later than I wanted to be. Opps.

I will continue this recap on the next blog. More One Tree Hill stuff and why I love destination weddings.

love.

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment