Wednesday, May 18, 2016

All About That Face

Today I am going to take you through the steps of my face routine.

For about two months, I researched online about mostly natural and organic products that I could start using. No, I'm not turning into a hippie. I just believe that a more natural substance could have better benefits in the long run.

After researching and researching, I kept coming back to Lush. They did use a few chemicals but overall, they are mostly organic. I browsed their website from top to bottom multiple times and decided that when I had the money, I was going to go the Lush in our mall and let them suggest what I needed for my particular skin type.

When my tax return arrived, I did just that.

I was probably in the store for about 30-45 minutes but it was worth every second. The sales person that helped me, I can not remember her name right now, was extremely helpful. She didn't just try to sell me the most expensive things, she actually paid attention to what I wanted and needed. I wish I could remember her name so I could give her a shoutout.

You tell them your skin type and what you are looking for, and they grab products to test on your hand. It is a pretty legit set up.

So here are the products I ended up with.

Cleanser


 This stuff is amazing. You take a small dime sized amount, mix it with water, then apply.

Here is the description from the website:

For heavenly soft and perfectly balanced skin, take a bit of Angels on Bare Skin, mix with a little water and massage all over your face and body. The kaolin clay base deep-cleanses while finely ground almonds and lavender flowers gently exfoliate away dry skin. We add lavender oil to soothe and balance, and rose absolute to calm redness. If it’s smooth, radiant skin you’re after, this is the cleanser for you!

$13.95-$33.95

Click here to go to the product page.




Toner



As I am getting older, I realized that I needed to invest in a toner. This one is refreshing and smells delightful. The sales associate demonstrated how a toner allows the application of a moisturizer to be easier. This is a must-have.

Here is the website description:


Dry, sensitive or mature needs a gentle touch. In a world of “technology” loaded cosmetics, using a toner with only two active ingredients may seem unusual. But at LUSH, we believe in using effective ingredients instead of filler. Our most moisturizing toner, Eau Roma relies on the King and Queen of the essential oils world, rose and lavender. Both oils have been used for thousands of years to treat dryness, redness or irritation. Rose is particularly nourishing and cooling, while lavender helps your skin produce the right amount sebum (oil) to keep it suppler. Simplicity at its best.

$10.95- $22.95

Click here to visit the product page.



Moisturizer



I am not real sure how I ended up with this one, it says it is for boys. I love it though. It smells delicious and leaves my skin feeling super soft.

The website description:

Gentlemen, listen up. Gone are the days of considering yourself ‘too manly’ to dab on a little moisturizer after shaving. That’s just all kinds of silly! Do your skin a favor and treat your mug to Cosmetic Lad. We whipped up our soothing aloe vera and lavender extract cream to combat post-shaving soreness. Chamomile extract, marigold and chickweed ease irritations, while rich cocoa butter moisturizes dry or red areas. Plus, our inventors formulated Cosmetic Lad to smell like tangerine ice cream to lure women to the men who use it. Now have we got your attention?

$24.95

Click here to visit the product page.




Mask



I have only used this once but it is great. I need to make more time for myself and use it more often. The mint leaves you feeling refreshed and tingly.

Website Description:

Mask of Magnaminty isn’t technically a daily ‘facial wash’; it’s actually a deep cleansing face and back mask. China clay and fresh peppermint reach deep down to pull the debris from your pores, giving you that delightful tingly-clean sensation. We add loads of aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe. Our inventors created Mask of Magnaminty to be the ‘ultimate face mask’, intense but not harsh or abrasive on the skin. We recommend using Mask of Magnaminty weekly to keep the skin in good condition.

$13.95-$25.95

Click here to visit the product page.




Body Soap



I started using organic soap bars around September, when I went to the Renaissance festival. I recently ran out of my bar though so I bought one from Lush. This one is pretty good. I have only used it a few times but I do like it so far.

Website Description:

Splish, splash it’s time to take a bath with our best-selling soap inspired by the sea. Sea Vegetable is made with skin softening seaweed, one of our favorite ingredients, with a crust of stimulating sea salt to give your body a good scrub down. In addition to cleansing your skin, salt also helps to soften and hydrate. Float away with the reviving scents of lime, lavender and seaweed. Instantly relaxing, your senses will be transported to groves of citrus trees and vibrant flowers. The best part? Your skin will be revived, brightened, and clean.

$7.95 and up.

Click here to visit the product page.





So that is all that I own from Lush at the moment. I am looking for a good dark spot skin corrector if anyone knows of one, please send the info my way.

I have also jumped on the E.L.F. Lip Exfoliator bandwagon, and of course I love it. You can get it this almost anywhere. I think I paid $3 for it at Walmart.


Well that is all for today. See y'all next time!

love.




*This post is not sponsored by Lush or E.L.F. I am not in affiliation with these companies.








No comments:

Post a Comment